Our history from 1901 -1914

Sgt Cecil John Cotchin 3rd CLY In service dress c1912

Sharpshooters 1908-1914

In 1908, with the formation of the Territorial Force, the title was changed to 3rd County of London Yeomanry (Sharpshooters) (TF).  For the first time, the Yeomanry had become part of an integrated reserve army comprising all arms. —

London TF formed no less than two full infantry divisions and a London Mounted Brigade which included Middlesex Hussars, Westminster Dragoons, Sharpshooters and Roughriders. In 1909 all four regiments went to camp together as a Brigade.—

In 1912 the Sharpshooters moved into a newly built drill hall in Henry Street, St John's Wood, later known as Allitsen Road, which remained their headquarters until 1961