Daimler ‘Dingo’ Scout Car
First came into service in 1939 and was one of the best designed reconnaissance vehicles produced by the UK. It was eventually replaced from 1952 by the Ferret Scout Car.
The ‘Dingo’ had a crew of two, was armed with a .303 Bren gun and had a top speed of 50mph cross country.
Protection was minimal and the vehicle relied on stealth with it’s low silhouette and very low engine noise for protection.
Mainly used for communication and liaison work by both regiments during the war and indeed after when they continued in use with the Sharpshooters until 1956.