The outline details for this year's Parade and Service are as follows:
Date: Sunday 12th May
Location: Hyde Park, London
Timings: Form Up from 0930 until 1045hrs
Parade Steps off: 1100hrs
Sponsor Regt: KDG
Saluting Officer: HRH The Princess Royal
Dress: Suit/Blazer with tie and Full Size medals.
Lunch: The Athenaeum Club. Cost TBA. Please note that there will be strict timings for lunch.
There are a number of questions to which I need responses to so as to ensure that you get the correct facilities - please note that NIL responses are not required.
1. There are a very limited number of VIP seats available. These are in the front row of the seated enclosure . If you have anyone that you would like to nominate for consideration then please let me know. There is no set criteria but usually regiments nominate those who have served with great distinction in WW2 and subsequently. When making a bid please do advise if the individual will have a carer or not.
2. There is a limited allocation of seats in the seated enclosure. Please advise if you wish to bid for any of these with names etc.
3. There are a larger number of standing enclosure tickets as well. Again bids required please.
4. There are a limited number of wheelchairs that are pushed around the parade by RY and other cavalry badged cadets. If you have anyone that who is unable to march but who wants to take part then please bid for one. Wheel chairs are available from 0930 hrs on the day at the Queen Elizabeth Gates. Note that there are usually no more than 12 wheel chairs and they should therefore be pre-booked.
5. There is very limited car parking for disabled drivers which is available on the Broad walk. If you have someone that needs to come by car and to park in the area please let me know. You will need to provide VRN, type/colour of car and drivers name.
I hope that this is helpful and look forward to hearing from you by NLT 28TH March.
Kent and Sharpshooters Yeomanry Association